Make nice looking RPG maps easily.

RPG Map is a tabletop oriented map editor
with the keep it clean & simple philosophy in mind.

About

RPG Map is a tool I’ve built to make maps for my tabletop RPG sessions, with my friends. It’s born from the fact that most existing tools were either looking bad or were simply overly complex to use.

My approach is to make an easy to use tool to create beautiful maps quickly.

You can still access the old Flash-based version (source code available on GitHub)

From 2013 to 2020, the “Cthulhu manor” demo map shows the evolutions of RPG Map

Commercial use

RPG Map II is completely free to use. All the content you create with it can be used any way you want, including in commercial products.

Features

• Full HTML5 support, Windows version on Itch.io
  • Roll20 and Fantasy Grounds exports
  • Import your own images or icons
  • Fully customizable colors
  • Import maps generated by One Page Dungeon (from Watabou)
  • Support for special walls, such as caverns, diagonals, etc.
  • Ground textures
  • Ray-casted lighting & fog
  • Multiple skins and many customizable colors
  • Texts, numbered elements with automatic legend block generation, text bubbles…
  • Icons
  • Enemies
  • User friendly UI
  • Pay what you want, including free!

Maps created using the app

Your email address will not be published.

1. Emmett (Forrestdumps):

I've been using your shit for almost as long as I've been dating my girlfriend (about 3 years). this editor is niiiiice. One thing–can you make a way that you can get hex-type walls and stuff? It would be a big ask, but getting everything to adhere to a hex grid could be really really nice

October 25, 2020 at 02:49
  2. Will Tereika:

Just started fiddling with the software, so I'm nowhere near experienced with it; its actually the first bit of map-making software I've ever tried out. However; it would be nice if one could increase the size of the UI.. I'm visually impaired and literally cannot read a thing of the text on screen in the program.. a way to increase the size of the UI would be great. Still think I can make good use of it, regardless.

October 22, 2020 at 19:50
  3. FreddyGame:

you can add loading of composite images to walls and doors with windows, as well as add more starting images such as chests, tables and kitchen items

October 16, 2020 at 15:00
  4. ruben youngblood:

This is an awesome mapmaking tool! Easy to use with simple but detailed graphics… I like it a lot, but I'm having one major problem.

I've created a quick map, but when I click the "download map to my computer" it shows the "preparing map file.." and nothing else happens. Is it browser dependent? Do I need to download the paid/windows version? Am I missing something? The image export works fine, but I can't save my work for later use.

Thanks for all the hard work on this – it make my work as a GM so much easier!

October 15, 2020 at 17:27
    • Sébastien Bénard:

You should check in your Downloads folder, there should be a JSON file there The windows version is "pay what you want including free": you can pay if you want, but you can also download it for free, and it's fine

October 15, 2020 at 20:17
  5. Goku krishna:

Cool i was aurprised with this mapeditor.its like some unity 2d sprite pipeline i love this. Thankyou for this beautyful piece of software

October 15, 2020 at 04:16
  6. anon:

Could you please re-upload v15? The thin walls implemented the way they are render the program unusable.

October 15, 2020 at 00:18
  7. Andrés Muñoz O.:

Amazing tool for create my maps. I create my own campaign in Cyberpunk 2020, and i'm using Deppnight to generate images for Roll20, and works fine.

October 7, 2020 at 16:22
  8. Carlota:

Actually no matter if someone doesn't understand then its up to other users that they will help, so here it happens.

Here is my site: sierra gaming – <a href="http://quizshow29417.designertoblog.com">Herbert</a&gt;

October 6, 2020 at 03:51
  9. Samuel:

I love this software, but there are two things that really irk me.
    First is the walls taking up an entire space, rather than sitting in between them on the grid line. This can make it really hard to accurately import or copy dnd maps, and adds another level of frustration when describing them to players.

Second is the color and not being able to add rbg values or hexcodes to get an exact color and replicate it. Also being able to remove the lines on the wall texture would be nice when going for a style like the classic blue dnd maps or just going for any clean minimal style.

Overall though I just picked this up and it's definitely my go to from now on, cheers for all your effort.

October 4, 2020 at 05:06
  10. Roganz:

Simple request but would be very useful, diagonal doors\windows etc.

September 28, 2020 at 07:54
  11. Peter:

It's possible to use with https://www.gerenimot.com/es

September 22, 2020 at 21:13
  12. Hris:

Hello, if I will Pay by itch.io (there is 12$) – all this money will go for You ? I'm using Your map maker and it's amazing piece of software. I don't want to use it for free anymore.

September 10, 2020 at 09:51
  13. Justin:

I love the program, especially since I managed to find a bunch of assets to add into it. Only thing I honestly hate about it is the fact the lighting can only snap to spaces instead of being freely placed

September 8, 2020 at 23:12
  14. Yo:

I really want to pay but i still cannot, hit me up in 3 years i may be able then

September 8, 2020 at 13:48