Market Study is a Google Sheets document which allows you to get a rough estimate of sales and revenues of any released title on Steam.
It’s precise enough to get an idea of how successful a particular title was, which is a critical piece of information for any game dev. I use it almost every single day.
How to use it?
To use it, just fill in the required information:
- Game title,
- Game Steam AppID (it’s part of the url of a game: https://store.steampowered.com/app/70300/VVVVVV)
- Game release date (from store page)
- Game full price (from store page)
- Open the SteamSpy page of the game by clicking the “📈” icon. Copy the “owners” count. You will need a Steam Spy account. Please support their great work!
- Open the SteamDB page by clicking the “” icon. Move your mouse cursor over the review rating percentage on the right, and copy the total review count from the tool tip that appeared.
- That’s it!
This document is released CC BY-SA 4.0 license. It basically means you can do whatever you want with this document/tool, as long as you keep the same license if you re-share.