LEd allows you to export your project to
TMX files, along with the normal LEd
This feature ONLY exists as a temporary method to load a LEd project JSON in a game framework that only supports TMX files.
It is strongly advised to parse the LEd JSON file to get the best results.
How to enable Tiled export
- All tiles in LEd are exported as
Tile Objectin Tiled. I don’t use the classic tile layer at all. Here are the reasons behind this choice:
- Tiled doesn’t support different grid sizes in the same Map: you can’t have some tiles on a 8×8 grid layer, and some others on a 16×16 grid layer.
- Tiled cannot have multiple tiles in a single cell.
- Tiled doesn’t support tiles positioned using free pixel coordinates.
- IntGrid layer type: the array of Integer values won’t be exported, as this feature doesn’t exist in Tiled. However, if the layer is an Auto-layer, the tiles generated by its rules will be exported as
- Array of values in Entities: Tiled only supports basic types like
Float. Therefore, any array of value in LEd will be exported to sequential values in Tiled properties (eg. an Array of Int
"myArray" = [10,6,15]will become the following properties in Tiled:
myArray_0 = 10,
myArray_1 = 6and
myArray_2 = 15)
- Points and Enums value types: they will be exported as
- Entity coordinates: the pixel coordinate of an Entity will always be based on its top-left corner. However, you can retrieve LEd original coordinate values using the following Tiled properties :
__anchorX/__anchorY(pixel coordinates) and
__cx/__cy(grid based coordinate).