A little bit of history
I’ve been using Photoshop professionally for years. Of course, I had a legit license at Motion Twin, but I also used a copy of this soft at home illegally. I never bought it for myself.
In 2009, I decided that it was fair to pay for a soft I used on regular basis. So I invested one month of salary in Photoshop CS4, simply because it deserved it, in my opinion.
It was nice, everything worked perfectly, happy days, and all.
Today, I decided it reinstalled my laptop and decided to also install my legit PS CS4 license on it too. So I headed to Adobe downloads website and… Nothing. Every pages were all about Creative Cloud. Ok. That’s perfectly understandable as it’s the latest fresh release of Photoshop. So I logged in my account to get my paid software.
It was the beginning of 2 hours of intense and useless searches.
Adobe simple doesn’t offer any fucking legal way to download an old version of their own software.
So if you’re like me, I mean, if you bought a serial for Photoshop CSx, you need alternate solutions. Fasten your seat belt, we’re about to dive into the best consumer service I’ve ever seen.
How to actually get Adobe Photoshop CS4 trial versions
- Disable any site/ad/cookie blocking tool you might use. Yes, I’m looking at you AdBlock.
- Head to Acrobat Reader trial download page. This is ridiculous, I know, but this is Alice in Wonderland here.
- Unplug your brain and click Download now.
- If asked, log in using your Adobe account.
- Cancel or close any download window that appears.
- All right, you are logged in and you have a trial cookie set.
- From now on, you can use the following direct link to get your trial version : English file 1 | English file 2 (both are required)
- For more download links, head to ProDesignTools website.
That’s it, you should have your Photoshop CS4 trial. Good job, Adobe.